Monday, September 30, 2013

Sundried Tomato Almond Bread

Almond pulp (or almond flour) can be used in all sorts of desserts, breads, cakes etc. One of my favorite things to do is to make raw, dehydrator bread. It's really easy, and since I make almond milk 2 or 3 times a week, almond pulp is always on hand. This is an extremely versatile RAWcipe, working with the almond pulp as a base you can really add whatever you want and make it your own.

What you'll need:
2 c. Almond Pulp
1/2 c. Sun dried Tomatoes ( I like to re hydrate mine in olive oil over night first, but dry works too)
2 tbsp. Garlic Powder
2 tbsp. Onion Powder (or really finely diced onion works also)
1/4 c. Olive Oil

(Makes 8 to 10 "slices" depending on the thickness you make them)





1) Pulse the dried almond pulp for about 60
seconds to get a finer mixture


2) Add in the sun dried tomatoes, oil, garlic and onion powder. Pulse until all is evenly incorporated

3)Press into whatever shape/form you
choose. I don't mind getting a little
dirty so I just use my hands.

4)Dehydrate at 45C/115F for 8 to 10 hours.
if  you're able to, flip half way through. if you
can't ... no worry beef curry they'll still turn
out juuuuuuuust fine.

Store in an airtight bag/container in the fridge

2 comments:

  1. This looks great :) I think I will be trying to make this tomorrow... Thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you enjoy. It's a personal favorite of mine and I make it a couple times per week.

    -Shane

    ReplyDelete