Saturday, September 14, 2013

Beach, Sandwich and RAW CASH STASH BUTTER

I think a beach day is one of the best ways to enjoy the final sunny days in Vancouver. I decided to use my raw bread to make a sandwich to bring with me for my day in the sun.

On my sandy:

  • raw carrot-ginger bread
  • one side cashstash butter (see recipe below)
  • one side fresh garlic paste
  • some spinach
  • 1/3 cucumber, sliced
  • 1 golden beet, shaved
  • 2 big hunks of red capsicum
  • pepper

This sandy was super flavourful and filling. The cashstash butter went really nicely with the sweetness of the beets and the garlic and pepper accented the spinach, cucumber and capsicum (which is just what my Kiwi roomy calls bell peppers, which I think is cool because there's like 15 different kinds of pepper and one less is just fine by me.)
           





         



RAW CASH STASH BUTTER:

what you'll need:
3/4 C cashews, soaked for ~30min (the cash)
1/4 C raw, shelled pistachios (the stash)
1T fair trade coconut oil (to help blending and prevent separation)
1/4 t cinnamon (optional)

1. drain soaked cashews
2. blend all ingredients in food processor until smooth



No comments:

Post a Comment