Monday, September 23, 2013

Moose Mousse

This raw chocolate mousse is named after my (Kent) mom's favourite animal. This is what me and Shane had for dessert after calzones and before we passed out from raw food-comas watching Pitch Perfect which I hadn't seen yet and he's seen 6 times. This was my rendition of the dessert he made when we made dinner for my parents the weekend before I moved back to Van. He also managed to make my entire family love brussels sprouts that night which is a pretty amazing feat.


What you'll need:
(serves 2-4)

2 avocados
6 dates (I use mozafati, but if you don't live near a Persian grocery store where you can buy these beauties then your life just really isn't that great, sorry.)
3 T fair trade cocoa
1 T vanilla extract (which is NOT sweet, Shane)
1/4 t pink salt

  1. process all ingredients until smooth, scraping down sides
  2. continue to process until the texture is whipped ~2 minutes
  3. scoop into adorable little bowls and enjoy
  4. watch a hilarious movie

No comments:

Post a Comment